Tuesday, March 12, 2002

OK, back to blogging. Project meeting is over. I can chill for today...only today. :)

I have an idea! On Saturday morning, I was heading home when the guy in front of me in the street threw away his newspaper. In the morning. Well, you probably have no idea what I'm going on about but that newspaper could have been passed on to someone who couldn't afford it. I'm thinking people like students, new graduates and the homeless or newly unemployed. I absolutely devour newspapers, as the people in my hall already know. And colour inserts from the Saturday and Sunday papers have a special place in my heart. Now, I can't be the only student in all of the UK like this. What if some sort of collection was organised where people could leave their read papers and have them passed on to someone else? It might even benefit people who forgot to pick up the previous day's paper and cannot afford the extortionate charges for back issues. Students will also find this very useful for project work. I have found 3 articles in the past couple months that relates to my final year project. I don't want to have the newspaper people angry at me and I'll say it here that there are a lot of people who don't want to read papers that have been read by somebody else. So, they won't go broke. I'm targetting the people who can barely afford to keep themselves fed, let alone buy a newspaper. What do you think of this idea?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home