Monday, July 19, 2004

Bournemouth was wonderful! Well, wonderful for a day trip...I'm sort of glad I didn't book a B&B for the night. Very sorry, I must be one of those Londoners who thinks London is the centre of the world... We left a very muggy London...overcast, grey and even raining when we left victoria coach station. 2 hours into the 2.5 hour ride, the sky was still overcast: it wasn't looking good. I kept my fingers crossed the entire rest of the way there and sure enough, the sky was clear, the sun was out and there was a cool breeze. Lovely!
 
We consumed very very British seaside foods...fish and chips and a sandy chicken sandwich. Yum! We collected seashells, splashed in the water and rubbed sunscreen into our bodies until we were white. Sand was brushed from limbs and salt was encrusted on hair. Ice creams in the afternoon, walking along the chines, pasties on the ride home.
 
Sunday was a rather dull day as there is no beach in London. Nonetheless, we were thankful that it wasn't Monday. I made pan mee which turned out marvellously and brownies...that turned out ok but the search still continues for the perfect brownie recipe...
 
I want to be back at the beach!

2 Comments:

Blogger John Connors said...

Ok, I'll expose my ignorance. What on earth is Pan Mee?

6:42 am  
Blogger Su-Lin said...

Pan mee is homemade egg noodles that are served dry (with some dark sauce perhaps) or wet (with a broth). The usual accompaniments are fried anchovies, minced pork, some veg... Yummy!

2:45 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home