Thursday, October 09, 2003

I am ill. Ill, ill, ill. My nose is a tap, my head won't concentrate on the work at hand and all I want to do is go home and crawl back to bed. And I would, I really, really would...if not for the first choir practice of the term being in approximately one hour. I've wanted to join ever since I first started at university but never got around to it until now. And today I'm ill. Now how am I going to sing when the passages from my nose to my ears feel as if someone's poured glue into them?

I want to go home and snuggle under the duvet in my pajamas. I want someone (hint, hint) to bring me hot chicken soup in one of my big bowls from Ikea (hooray for foresight!). Failing that, hot tea will do. I want lots of junk books to peruse...and a library of DVDs to choose from. I want a big box of Kleenex because I'm out at work right now.

Oh, thank goodness for officemates with Kleenex. I have to bring a box in tomorrow. If I make it in tomorrow and I hope so...darn deadlines.

Where was I? I want some of that thick, dark peppermint cough syrup for my sore throat. I want someone to take care of me. I want my pounding head to well...stop pounding. I want to sound normal. I need to be able to sing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home