Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Another year, another year in review. Took this meme from Jessica. I've culled a few questions from it...I mean, personal fashion statement? Whatever. And how's 2005 shaping up? Well, I spilled my beloved leftover stew all over the floor. So, terrific then.

What did you do in 2004 that you’d never done before? Visit Paris.

Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I did drink more water...but strangely enough, that was mostly in the office. I have to drink more AT HOME. Never found that red lipstick but then again, I rarely wear lipstick. The whole moisturising resolution was kept for the most part...alligator legs were never a good look.

What countries did you visit? France, Germany, Malaysia, Singapore.

What would you like to have in 2005 that you lacked in 2004? I wasn't able to make it home (Vancouver) this year. I hope to this year before I start writing up. Also a meal at St John's Restaurant/Bread and Wine.

What dates from 2004 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? The only date that's still in my head is Dec 26.

What was your biggest achievement of the year? Use my high school French to correct a restaurant bill in Paris where they had tried to overcharge us.

What was your biggest failure? Forgetting most of the tenses I learned in high school French. I'm now limited to present, past and future. Time to brush up.

Did you suffer illness or injury? Does a cold count? And I managed to have a couple of toenails snap quite nastily. I probably shouldn't have shared that.

What was the best thing you bought? I honestly cannot say.

Where did most of your money go? Rent and food. And travel.

What did you get really, really, really excited about? My trip to Munich. And it was terrific and full of snow!

Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? Sadder.
b) thinner or fatter? Same.
c) richer or poorer? Same.

What do you wish you’d done more of? Cooking lunch for myself. But most of the time I just feel like throwing myself onto my bed when I get home.

What do you wish you’d done less of? Worrying and stressing out.

How did you be spend Christmas? With my brother. I reclaimed my Trivial Pursuit crown and then spent the rest of the day playing board games with him. There was also a nice turkey lunch put on by my hall.

How many one-night stands? None.

What was your favorite TV program? Alias.

Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Perhaps. Hate is a strong word. How about...dislike greatly? And I'll be damned if I'm naming them here.

What was the best book you read? Eugene Onegin.

What was your greatest musical discovery? Singing on stage! Gosh, it was fun.

What was your favorite film of this year? Napoleon Dynamite. But I never saw many films last year.

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I honestly don't remember and I was 24.

What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? That trip home. Sigh.

What kept you sane? Getting out of London on the odd occasion. There was that trip to Malaysia, my day out to Rye, Germany, France (stressful a bit but I was free in Paris).

Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Clive Owen. Rrrrrr....

What political issue stirred you the most? Reading about how much various governments have donated to the tsunami relief efforts.

Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2004: Don't always trust first impressions.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, you have a job now?? I'm glad you updated, Happy New Year!

1:51 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home