Sunday, March 03, 2002

Posting since I'm frustrated with an error I'm getting with my program.

Been thinking lately about the books I read as a child. In particular, I've been thinking about the Betsy-Tacy series. Actually, I should call it the Betsy-Tacy-Tib series since Tib does show up for most of the books though not all. I've been trying very hard to find the books in London but to no avail. Hmmm... well, they *are* American books.

I remember being teased for reading them by the cool kids at my school. But after a bit of thought, how could they have been "cool"? They were 11 years old! Anyway, the covers were a bit childish since I was reading them in reverse chronological order - I had discovered the later ones first and felt the urge to read all of the series. Brilliant. One of the few series whose reading level increases with the age of the character. The books follow the lives and friendships of three girls (Betsy Ray, Tacy Kelly and Tib Muller) from infancy through to marriage. There's a book for each year in high school.

Gosh, I remember reading these books so thoroughly. I was absolutely fascinated by the way of life in America at the beginning of the 20th century. If anyone knows where to find these books in London, please let me know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home