Thursday, August 07, 2003

The 5 Question Game (from Cyn's journal)

1. If you want to participate, leave a comment saying "interview me" (or something that gets that point across).
2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.
3. You will update your journal with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

These are Cyn's five questions to me:

1. What is your career ambition? And what about an ambition for what you'd ultimately like to get out of life?
Oooh, tough question. I'd like to continue in research - whether in academia or in industry has yet to be decided. As for what I'd ultimately like to get out of life? Well, more than one person has said that I should be working in the food industry due to my obsession with food. I've read what chefs have to go through and I'm not keen on that. What about something on a smaller scale - like catering. Then I can build up my empire like Martha Stewart. :)

2. What breed of dog or cat do you think best captures your personality?
An English bulldog. Have you ever seen them? They're so lazy - eat, sleep, eat, sleep, eat, sleep. They look like they can barely keep their eyes open. I think that's me.

3. Is there anything that you are really grossed out by or truly afraid of?
Grosses me out? Supposedly cooked food that moves.
Truly afraid of? Drowning. I remember taking swimming lessons in Singapore when I was about 5 and the instructor took me over to the deep end and dunked me when I wasn't ready. Water poured down my throat and rushed into my nostrils. It wasn't pleasant and the idea of being stuck in water till your lungs fill up is not a pleasant idea to me. It's like they always say - not afraid of dying but afraid of how I'm going to go.

4. If you were in a happily commited relationship and then received an indecent proposal (ie. to sleep with a millionaire for a million bucks), what do you think you would do?
I'd tell him to bugger off. Even if I weren't in a happily committed relationship. What am I, a prostitute?

5. (and here's the food question!) If you could only eat savoury food for the rest of your life OR only sweet food for the rest of your life, which would you choose? Which foods (in either category) had the biggest effect on your choice
Oh! Savoury foods, without a doubt! I prefer savoury to sweet at breakfast time. Few people would consume purely sweet foods for lunch or dinner and when snack time comes around, I find myself reaching for savoury foods 9 times of 10. Yes, I do get cravings for sweet foods occasionally but I can learn to live without it. Heck, chew on some savoury bread for a long time and all the natural sugars will give you a rush soon enough. Without savoury foods, there would be no rice dishes, no noodles, no veggies in oyster sauce, no pizza, no pasta, no everything. And worst of all, there would be no chai tow kway. :(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home