Thursday, October 23, 2003

Call me absurd but I do feel a tinge of sadness when I think about tomorrow being the last day that the Concorde is scheduled to fly. My residence is situated almost under a flight path to Heathrow; I can see the planes clearly from my room and there's one every one to three minutes. I'm not bothered by the noise anymore since it's a little rumble and as it occurs so frequently, I can tune it out quite easily. However, almost every day at around 5pm, when I used to be an undergraduate with some afternoons off, a roar would reverberate around my room. It was the Concorde and I never failed to get excited at seeing it!

When I heard that the final tickets were being sold, I seriously considered (for about five minutes) buying a ticket out of my savings. Unfortunately, I would then have become a seriously broke student with no savings to fall back on. Actually, looking at the prices, I would have had to take out a loan to fly Concorde.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home