Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Pineapple Tarts


Pineapple Tarts
Originally uploaded by su-lin.
Happy Belated Chinese New Year to everyone!

This year, I had nothing planned...but I thought I'd be a good Chinese girl and make something for this occasion. After not much consideration, I decided on pineapple tarts. I've made the open-faced kind in the past with my mother but I really wanted to try the closed type...of which I've eaten some stunning examples. They turned out ok, as you can see in the photo. Moist jam on the inside and melting pastry on the outside. I'll be playing with the pastry recipe next time round though.

More photos of the jam making at my flickr site.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

'the more you shall honor Me,
the more I shall bless you'
-the Infant Jesus of Prague

1:15 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home