Sunday, September 05, 2004

The weather in London hasn't been typical September weather...it's as if August and September have switched. The heat is unbearable (well, almost) and much time has been spent sleeping, taking cool baths and showers and general pottering/lazing around.

For the next week, you will be able to listen to a recording of Sir Simon Rattle conducting the Berliner Philharmoniker in a concert of Schoenberg's Variations for Orchestra, Opus 31, and Beethoven's Symphony no. 9 (yup, the one with Ode to Joy) on the BBC Proms website. I gave this concert a skip today as 1. I didn't want to queue in the hot sun, 2. I don't want to be squished like last time and 3. Dammit, did I mention the sun? Ah well, I'll be listening to the recording over and over and over again. I'm listening to the last movement live right now online anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home